Saturday, December 3, 2011

Songs for Strength Saturday

There are two things about running that are not my favorites...hills and speedwork.  Today I was supposed to do hill repeats, but my bed was so toasty that I unmotivated myself.  When I finally drug my bootie from bed, I got dressed, and headed out for an easy 3 mile run.  I've not done much of anything this week due to a cold and a good friend telling me to rest!  I knew whatever I did today would be tough!

About halfway into my "easy" run today, one of my favorite songs came on.  It has an awesome, motivating beat and really pushes me.  It has no words but a beat that comes in increasing intervals, so it is perfect for working on speed in running or cycling.  (I first heard it in spin class).

My easy run turned into speed training.  It was awesome, even though I thought I was going to die!  My lungs were about to burst, but the push from the music really helped my feet and arms to pump faster. 

Sandstorm is my speedwork song of the week.  My advice?  Find something that motivates you to push it, even if it is only for 2 minute bursts and do it!  Find a song that pushes you...and share it!  Go out and Just Do It!  (Thanks Nike!)

No comments:

Post a Comment