Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's about time Saturday

Inspirational Quote:
"They were on the 'I can dream of that' list.  I had no idea yet that to do the things I want, or even dreamed of, was only the matter of courage, the courage to believe in myself."  Run Like a Girl

Today while running with some good friends, we were discussing the fact that less than a year ago we were walking up the hill we RAN up today.  Remembering a little over a year ago, running was not in my vocabulary, unless there was a big ole prize at the end of it for me. 

This past year I began believing in myself.  I ran in several 5K races, a 10K, and two half marathons.  I took part in two triathalons, splitting the events with two friends...me riding my bike.  When people ask me what I want for Christmas, I think Dick's Sports, Try Sports, Athela, instead of restaurants or Target. When I think of going on a trip with my family, I wonder what race I could run while we are there. I hear music on the radio and think, "Wow, that would make a great running song."  I get my butt out of bed at 5 in the morning in 30 degree weather and go outside to run.  Not sure I am the same me I was a little less than a year ago.  Is that good?  Heck yeah.

A year ago, I never would have believed that 2011 would be the year I started doing things that would build up my confidence in ME.  There was a time where I said there was NO WAY I could ever do a half marathon...I believe I even said that in 2011.  Um, what?  I think I've done TWO! 

You know, I still run for a prize at the end.  Just now the prize is happiness, confidence, health, and smaller jeans!

When are you going to start believing in YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment