Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rainy Day Wednesday

"We must plan.  But we also must be able to let go of the plan." Laurence Gonzales Deep Survival

I woke up this morning ready to go on a great run.  Yesterday I was able to accomplish a goal of mine...running 3 miles in under 30 minutes, so I was geared up to make a go at it again.  BUT, the weather was not cooperating with me.  RAIN.

Don't you hate it when you plan something, and then something else, out of your control goes and ruins it?  I guess this is why I have learned to write my plans on my calendar in pencil...so I can erase them if I don't get to them.

I am a list maker.  I love lists.  It feels so good to cross off what I have accomplished.  My calendar has become a journal of sorts for me.  I keep track of workouts that I PLAN to do, circle them when I do them, and erase them when I have to let go of my plan.

Today I erased my 3 mile plan-due to the rain.  I laid around moping and trying to decide what I wanted to do.  The first thing I decided to do was eat a donut...not a good plan.  Then, I ate a handful of chocolate covered blueberries...again, not so good.  (See these plans don't make it into my calendar.  I only want to remember the good plans!)  Finally, I decided I just needed to do it.  Put in the stupid DVD and do it.  So, Shawn T came and kicked my butt out of my funk.  And, then, before my shower, I wrote down my workout in my calendar and circled it. 

There.  Good plan. DONE.

Tomorrow, the plan is to get up and go to a 5:15 class.  Thinking about this plan I decide I should write that one in ink so I can't erase it...

No comments:

Post a Comment