Sunday, July 1, 2012

Just another reason...

to RUN!  (Although I am sure any physical exercise would work) 

In Runners World magazine July 2012
"Researchers have found that treadmill training in mice helped build mitochondria in brain cells.  Mitochondria are structures in cells that supply them with energy, so exercise literally boosts brainpower."

So, what are you going to do today to build muscles, heart strength, and brain power???

Me?  Well, at three digit temps for the third day in a row, I guess I'm headed inside.  I'm planning on some 3 minute 5K pace repeats with a 2 minute jog in between each repeat.  Doing that 5 times.  Then, headed to strength train with the hubby.  Concentrating on arm strength today.  Seriously need to build some upper body strength because the crazy inside my head decided to sign up for a Spartan race.  And, this is AFTER I run a half marathon in November and a full marathon in January.  So, I wonder...what will be next?

Get out there and DO SOMETHING good for YOU today!  Image the possibilities that are before you!

No comments:

Post a Comment