Thursday, July 5, 2012

Week in Food

We spend way too much money eating out.  I love eating out, but our wallets and bank account scream after each meal.  So, I am vowing to eat at home more often and track how much we can save in doing so.

After checking out some yummy recipes, amazing myself at how many of the ingredients we already have, and wiping the drool from my lips, I have created a list of 5 recipes I will be making this next week.  I figure that we will have leftovers one night and sandwiches/salad another.  Plus, when D and I are home alone, we like to do a breakfast for dinner night...in code, cereal!

Here's our menu for the week.  4 of the recipes came off of the Clean Eating website.  1 recipe is really not so good for you.  I'll let you figure out which one is the bad for you recipe!

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Home.aspx

Blueberry Oat Protein muffins (breakfast/snack)
Farmer's Market Veggie Pasta
Turkey Meatloaf muffins
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Orange Chipotle Chicken with Cilantro Rice

I found out this week about a local company that delivers organic fruits and vegetables.  I got a box of yumminess today.  In it were bananas, blackberries, zucchini, apples, grapefruit, lettuce, onion, tomatoes...signing up for weekly delivery! 

http://www.absoluteorganics.com/
If you sign up...make sure you tell them I sent you!

Happy eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment