Sunday, March 11, 2012

Support...

After being out of commission for a couple weeks, I have been back to running.  The past two weeks my long run has been good up until mile 8/9.  Then comes the burning, rock hard pain in the front of my calf.  Yesterday I was able to push through it with a run, walk, stretch, routine for the last few miles...and of course the support of a good friend.  (Even though her support was telling me her butt was going to be hotter than mine because she ran up that last hill!)  LOL!

Felt a little better after a hot shower and lounging on the couch for an hour watching 90210 reruns.  But, that little voice in the back of my head kept filling my brain with doubt about my upcoming race next weekend.  My goal has gone from being my best half marathon to just finishing the race before the dreaded time limit.  Grrr.

While out with the family yesterday, we went on a search for compression STUFF.  Of course, the white compression socks were, well, blah!  The bright pink sleeves were not long enough.  So, tried on the compression WET SUIT.  So, it's really not a wet suit, but by golly it sure felt like it going on!  Boy, did they feel good once they were on.  I almost needed an ambulance when I saw the price, but as my dear, sweet husband said, "Consider it an early birthday present to yourself."  Gotta love the family support.  (And, I must say I did want to kiss my salesman when he guessed my weight at 25 pounds lighter than I am! How's that for support?)

So, the theme of today's entry is SUPPORT.  Most of the time I mention support is that loving hand, supportive words, or a comment about HOT BUTTS.  But, this time, I must say, I am looking forward to the support of my EXPENSIVE, squeezing, compression pants that better make my DC run next weekend a piece of cake!  I'm just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment