Thursday, March 8, 2012

I'm late...

So, I am a late starter.  All my life I HATED running.  I did everything I could to avoid it.  I could've come up with 82 excuses in high school why I shouldn't have to do the mile run.

What changed?  Not sure.  I could blame it on my friends...you know...the ones that RUN!  I could blame it on the fact that my weight was going in only one direction-UP.  I could blame it on the desire to finish a race, do something for a good cause, or even get outside more.  But, I guess, I must blame myself.  (But, honestly, when the outcome is good, I'll take the blame!)

I wanted a change in my life.  I NEEDED a change.  Yes, many of my friends had jumped on the running bandwagon.  I noticed the fun they had together.  The change in their bodies.  I wanted some of that.  I started hanging out at my gym more often, took new classes, and even signed up for a race.  Weight began to come off.  I felt better.  I enjoyed, somewhat, getting up at 4:30 in the morning to run with friends.  I could eat some of those bad things that taste so good and not see 5 pounds add to my weight the next morning.  That was it, and I was hooked.

So, yes, I was LATE.  I was in my LATE 30's when running became a part of my life.  But, I guess, it's better late than NEVER.

It's not too late...so what's your next excuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment